Wednesday, December 16, 2009

My Treasured Friend

Our friendship poems can be altered to fit your needs. The following friendship poem can also be used as a best friend poem. Change the first line to: "My best friend, I'm glad I found you." Change the last line to "My very dear best friend." Then you'll have friendship poetry custom made for your friend.

My Treasured Friend
Treasured friend, I’m glad I found you;
Our friendship is a gift we share.
I can be myself around you,
Safe in your love and care.
I miss you when you’re out of sight;
Our friendship bond was meant to be.
I think of you with great delight;
You’re almost part of me.
Through fun and fears, play and tears,
We help each other heal and grow.
I prize our time--the days, the years,
More than you can know.
Just harmony for me and you,
The two of us--a perfect blend.
I’ll cherish you my whole life through,
My dear and treasured friend.
By Joanna Fuchs

Click here to see some Gifts For Friends

To see other friendship gifts at this shop, type "friendship" (without the quotes) into the search box at the upper right of the page, after you click the link above.


A friendship poem can compare your friend to other good things in your life, as this friend poem does.

Friendship Joy
You are a shelter
From life’s frequent storm;
Like a comfortable blanket;
You keep me snug, safe and warm.
You’re a light in the window
When everything’s dark;
You’re a trip to the circus,
A romp in the park.
Like a bright, sunny summer,
You are joy without end;
And I’m so very privileged
To call you my friend.
By Joanna Fuchs

Friendship poems can communicate how a friend softens life's burdens, as this friend poem does.

Your Special Friendship
Whenever my life feels empty,
Those times when I feel a lack,
I thank God for your special friendship,
Because I know you've got my back.
When I wonder about life's true meaning,
And whether it all makes sense,
With a word or a smile from you, friend,
I forget my silly laments.
I guess what I'm trying to say, friend,
Is with all your support and your giving,
You brighten each minute I'm with you,
And make every day well worth living.
By Joanna Fuchs

Friendship poems describe what makes a good friend, as this best friend poem does.

We Are Friends
Whether the day is good or bad,
Whether I'm feeling happy or sad,
If I have a need, you’ll comprehend;
You’ll be there to share and be a friend.
Other people may fill my day,
But never in such an important way;
We support each other ‘round all life’s bends,
It feels so good that we are friends.
By Karl Fuchs

Short friendship poems are in demand, probably because they easily fit in a card or e-mail. This short friendship poem would be "pure delight" for a greeting card.

Pure Delight
It's such a pleasure and a joy
To have a friend like you.
You always care, you're always there,
You say the right things, too!
You make me smile when I am low
You're just a pure delight.
We talk a lot about everything;
You make my life so bright!
I hope that I am giving you
Some joy and happiness,
Because you mean so much to me,
More than I can express!
By Joanna Fuchs

Friendship poems can reveal a bit about the hard-to-explain qualities of the friendship bond, like this friend poem does.

My Giving Friend
We share so much of our lives
Our joy and also our pain.
Without you as my friend,
I just might go insane!
You know what I’m talking about;
You’ve been through big things, too.
Yet you cheer me when I’m happy,
You comfort me when I’m blue.
Your giving does not go unnoticed;
I’d be lost without you, friend.
What we have together
No one else can comprehend.
By Joanna Fuchs
Would you like a book of our poems?

This 8 1/4 by 11 inch, 258-page paperback contains more than 500 poems we wrote for Poemsource.com.

Friendship poetry can describe why frienship is valuable, as this friend poem does. We hope you like our friendship poems!

The Power of Friends
Everyone knows of the power of friends,
The terrific result, when everything blends.
When people have friends, they don’t stand alone;
Friends always help, when you face the unknown.
Friends give you courage to face problems untold,
So the love of a friend can help make you bold.
They can help you to live a much richer life,
So your every day living will be less filled with strife.
Thanks for being my friend!
By Karl and Joanna Fuchs

This friendship poem describes a true friend. It’s a friend poem sure to be treasured by the recipient.

Dream Friend
I always dreamed someone swell would turn up,
Who’d consider my feelings routinely,
Who would share lots of stuff without being gruff,
And if they disagreed would not do it meanly.
Then you came along and my wishes came true;
You’re a friend who I trust and I treasure.
You always give help and I know that you care;
You’re my friend and it gives me great pleasure.
By Karl and Joanna Fuchs

No comments:

Post a Comment